Monday, August 25, 2008

My 4 days stint in Singapore

I decided to go and try my luck in Singapore since there's not much in KL.

I arrange my interviews and got a Transnational bus ticket.
The bus service was quite good. On time and comfortable.
The only thing that sucks is, they left me stranded at the Singapore Customs.
I don't know why it is so crowded! 'People mountain, people sea' okay!
So I got through after an hour of waiting in line and Transnational left me stranded, cold & lonely.
So my fren asked me to board another bus to Bugis where she'll meet me there.

To cut the long story short, I like Singapore!
-If you are earning Sing dollar, the stuff there are like friggin' cheap!
-More shopping!! *big wet happy eyes*
-There was one time I bought this watermelon soyabean drink (yum~) and just stroll around alone in Tao Payoh center & it was so enjoyable! I don't think I can stroll around that leisurely, open air in KL lor. (we all know why...)
-I also like the public libraries available there! Not just one! I saw a few during my trip!
Good news for a cheapo bookworm like me who is too poor to buy new books :D (i know it contradicts with the part on me being a shopaholic...but focus on me being poor okay! :D)
-The transport system kick arse! I've never gotten lost before while I am there. It is so convenient to travel around. In KL if you don't own a car, you go no where.
-People there are generally nice. The interviewers especially! so nice! KL ones suck...

Ahhh after all the good stuff, there must be a lil bit of trashing right? That's the universal format.
-I'm crashing at my fren's place and she has like 9 other apartment-mate. 10 people in a small apartment! I can hardly breathe.
-I can't imagine sharing a room with a stranger ( or a few strangers!) but the rent there is skyrocketing expensive!
-The food, I can say... meh.... and KL is truly a food haven :D Don't believe me? Come over and I'll show you!

All in all, I am glad I 've made it there alone and it was a great experience!
And my friends! who made my stay so much more pleasant & lovely...muahhhs!

0 comments: