Thursday, February 18, 2010

Cupcakes for V-day!

Im usually not that cheesy, hardworking & I have never baked cupcakes before in my life!
But oh well, decided to do something special since it's our 1st Valentine together.
It's super easy, you can take short cuts like me, like getting a prepared cake mix & voila! guarantee edible hehe.

Prepare everything the box tells you to & do accordingly. Won't go wrong if you follow the instruction. (the cream chesse suppose to be for the frosting...opsss)

End result for the cake mix. Looks soooo chocolatey... me love!

Prepare the frosting. Ok the box doesn't teach you on how to do the frosting, so here's the recipe
1 block of cream cheese
1 1/2 cups icing sugar (I used 2 cups, turned out too sweet, make it lesser if you're health concious)
2/3 from a block of butter
2 tsp of vanilla extract
1 drop of red food coloring (for my pink coloured cupcakes)

1. Blend butter & cream cheese with mixer.
2. Slowly add in icing sugar.
3. Add in vanilla extract & food colouring if preffered.

End result should be like this. Smooth & creamy. You can just dip the top of your cupcake & twirl it. You can also pipe the frosting to create nice decor

Garnishing my cupcakes with strawberries, white choco chips & silver sugar balls

Final result!! Ta da!! Guess the message, haha!

The extras for the family & my neighbour. I told them it's me wishing them Happy Valentine with these but they knew these are the extras & I need people to finish it up, but hey! it tasted good ok ^.^

Go & try!

0 comments: